Sunday, 18 January 2009

ALMOND COOKIES


ALMOND BISCUITS ( makes 36 biscuits ) _ Succerssful Baking book
90gr unsalted butter , softened
90gr ( 3/8 cup ) caster sugar
1 egg white
100gr ( 1 cup ) ground almonds
185gr ( 1/1/2 cups ) self-raising flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp almond essence ( I don't use it , too strong for me )
36 blanched almonds
1/ Preheat the oven to 150oC . Grease two baking trays .
2/ In a large bowl , beat the butter and sugar together with electric mixer until light and fluffy . Beat in the egg white .
3/ At a slow speed , whisk in the ground almond , flour , baking soda and alomnd essence until the mixture is smooth . Chill the mixture for 10 minutes or until the mixture are firm
4/ Shape the mixture into 36 walnut- size with your hand and put on the baking trays . Press a hole almond into the centre of each biscuits .
5/ bake for 10 -12 min , or until light golden . Transfer to a wire rack to cool
Note :For more easier , Ichilled the mixture before I shape it into the ball- size . Don't baking more than 10 minutes , your biscuits will turn in harder after cooled .
Happy baking

2 comments:

  1. I thank you for sharing your recipe. I've tried it and it's successful but i've improved it by changing a few things .
    1/ replace the butter by the oil
    2/ replace 180gr self raising flour by 155gr self raising flour and 30gr wheat starch ( the kind of flour to make Ha cao )
    I wish you try my recipe, nevertheless your blog is wonderful ; I am a vietnamese working woman living in France and I've been reading your blog from a long time ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nghi ,
    very much appreciated for your sharing tip and thanks for your time visiting N, Thy blog. I will try this today.
    I am a mother of three boys(23,18 and 4)and permanant home duty with the youngest one, also with our traditional Tet, I wish you and your family have a wonderful, prosperous New Year.
    Sincerely
    Thy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.